Strategic Plan 2016-2018
Developed by the St. Louis Association of REALTORS® Strategic Planning Committee on Sept. 28 and Nov. 2, 2015. Facilitator: John R. Gormley, RCE, CAE, CIPS.
Navigate through the tabs below to learn more about the 2016-2018 Strategic Plan, OR click here to download a pdf of the plan.
Navigate a changing market, engage in our community, protect private-property rights, convert information to knowledge, and provide superior tools.
The voice for real estate in Greater St. Louis.
- Enhance professionalism and promote high ethical standards.
- Advocate for and protect private-property rights.
- Provide superior education and member services.
- Unite the recognized branches of real estate.
- Advance the interests of real estate owners and professionals.
- Strategic Plan Goals
- Enhance community collaboration, economic development, and visibility.
- Foster member professionalism and consumer trust.
- Facilitate members’ success, belongingness, and well-being.
- Protect private-property rights and the real estate industry.
See below for the strategies associated with each Strategic Plan Goal.
- Participate in local-focused economic development and regional organizations to exert a positive influence.
- Establish media coverage to maintain a steady public presence for SLAR. Engage in philanthropic and community activities, positioning SLAR as a visible contributor to St. Louis’ quality of life.
- Create a culture of excellence that’s embraced by members and expected by consumers.
- Broaden member educational opportunities while ensuring quality control and brand consistency.
- Enhance core services so members get more for their dues.
- Focus on technology tools, training, and solutions to enhance member and association effectiveness.
- Spur member participation and knowledge without duplicating efforts. Enhance contracts and forms offerings to reinforce value to members.
- Improve lockbox system so members find it more convenient and compatible with the way they do business.
- Foster member belongingness by providing meaningful experiences and instilling a sense of pride in the organization.
- Elevate RPAC visibility and participation by going where members are and translating public-policy language into clear, concise messages that resonate with REALTORS®.
- Influence governmental entities.
- Organize support for Missourians for Fair Taxation initiative.
Note: The Strategic Planning Committee also developed sample tactics for each of the plan’s strategies. These sample tactics will be shared with SLAR committee chairs and vice chairs, although each committee will be empowered to develop its own tactics/actions to connect with the above strategies for driving goal attainment.